Welcome to resources on several health topics that we hope will be helpful to you in your practice. If there is anything else that you would like information on please let me know.
– Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health
Reportable Diseases Toolkit
You can find up-to-date, credible information on all 68 diseases of public health significance including symptoms, testing, and treatment on the Reportable Diseases Toolkit.
Updates for Health Care and Dental Professionals
Public Health Ontario’s homepage includes “Hot Topics” which reviews in detail the current information on circulating or emerging diseases.
- Public Health Ontario – Hot Topics
- High Sodium Levels in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Municipal Drinking Water Systems
Current Memos/Notices from Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
- Zostavax® Supply – March 12, 2019
- Measles – March 10, 2019
- Non-Medical Cannabis Resource – March 8, 2019
- Ticks and Lyme Diseases Memo – February 22, 2019
- Closed Family Day – Monday, February 18, 2019
- Parents Can Now Opt-Out of Prophylactic Eye Treatment to Prevent Ophthalmia Neonatorum – February 4, 2019
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Complaint Protocol in Clinical Office Settings – January 2019
- Rotavirus: Transitioning to RotaTeq® (Rot-5) Vaccine – July 20, 2018
- Immunization in Pregnancy with Adacel Vaccine – May 10, 2018
- Opioid Situation Update – January 2018