Skip to content


Health Unit Website Feedback Survey 2018

Welcome to our newly redesigned Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit website!

We would love to hear your feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey. All of your answers are private and confidential.

Feedback Process

Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit is committed to providing public health programs and services of the highest quality. We strive to make our programs and services accessible and equitable to all residents.

Your feedback is important to us. We collect different types of feedback: compliments, complaints, suggestions for improvement and feedback on technical issues.

Compliments, Suggestions for Improvement and Feedback on Technical Issues:

  • Please send an email to Your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate program staff and/or management.
  • Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit provides goods and services to people with disabilities can also email or provide verbal feedback by calling 1-800-660-5853. All feedback on accessibility, including complaints, will be directed to management staff in the Quality, Corporate and Information Services Department. Clients can expect to hear back in 5 days.


  • At the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, we welcome complaints and view them as an opportunity for improvement
  • You can submit a complaint by completing the Client Complaint Form
  • This form can also be used for complaints on the provision of programs and services to people with disabilities
  • Privacy note: Personal information collected on this form will be used only for the purpose of responding to your feedback
  • For more information about our complaint process, review these Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How Can I Submit a Complaint?

You can submit a complaint via the website using the Client Complaint Form. You may also make a complaint via a written letter, telephone or in-person. If your complaint is about a particular service you received, it is best to speak with the program staff directly so the issue can be solved quickly. If you do not have a direct number, please call 1-800-660-5853.

How Are Complaints Dealt With at the Health Unit?

The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit will take ownership of all complaints and requests, and follow through to resolution. We have a Two Stage Complaint Process:

Stage 1 – Local Resolution

  • When you submit a complaint it will be forwarded to the Program Manager and Director responsible for that service and investigated using investigation guidelines. They will be in contact with you within 30 days with a resolution.

Stage 2 – Appeal

  • If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the review by the management staff, the complainant may submit a written appeal to the Medical Officer of Health/Chief Executive Officer within 30 calendar days following receipt of the resolution. The Medical Officer of Health will review the complaint and the review of the Director and make a final determination of the appropriate course of action. Their determination will be communicated in writing to the complainant, the employee, and the Director within 30 calendar days.

Can I Make a Complaint on Behalf of Someone Else?

Yes, but we will need to know that you have permission from the person and we may want to contact them directly.

Can I Make an Anonymous Complaint?

You can make an anonymous complaint; however this could limit our ability to resolve the issue at hand. We appreciate all feedback and use these incidences to help improve our programming.

Do You Keep a Copy of the Complaint?

Yes, the copy of the complaint and the related investigation report will be sent to Human Resources for filing. Basic information about the nature of the complaint will be entered into a database so we can track trends over time to see if systematic changes are needed to our programs.

Can Anyone Help Me Provide Feedback or Make a Complaint?

Yes, you may ask a relative or a friend to help you, or contact our Human Resources department at 1-800-660-5853 for assistance.

Will It Affect My Service If I Provide Negative Feedback or Make a Complaint?

No it will not. Both positive and negative feedback help us improve our programming.