The Ontario government requires that all public health units post the results of routine and complaint based inspections on the Health Unit website for the following types of premises:
- Food Premises
- Public Pools and Spas
- Recreational water facilities such as splash pads and water slides
- Personal Services Settings such as salons, esthetics, piercing and tattooing parlours
- Tanning Beds
- Recreational Camps
- Licensed Child Care Settings
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit provides access to inspection results through INSIGHT our online disclosure system. You can access inspection reports simply by clicking on the INSIGHT logo.
- Once in the data base choose the type of facility you wish to see the inspection report on. Types of facilities scroll along the top of the page.
- Click the view facilities tab and this will take you into the list of premises in alphabetical order.
- You may scroll down the list, or choose the first letter in the name of the premises in the alphabet tab along the left side of the list to quickly access a list of facilities whose names start with the letter.
- A list will pop up which you can scroll through to find the one you want and click on the name.
- A list of inspections will be displayed on the right side of the page. The latest inspection is at the top of the list.
- Click on the inspection date you wish to look at and the page will open.
- Click on the violations tab to see any violations observed during the inspection.
Inspection results are only available for premises that we are aware of within our jurisdiction, therefore if you cannot locate the premises you wish to check, it may not be an inspected premises. Due to recent changes in our system only copies of reports of inspections conducted as of January 2018 and moving forward are available online. Past inspection reports can be accessed by contacting the Health Unit or by completing this inspection report request form.
Although the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit strives to ensure the accuracy of information recorded on the inspection report, we cannot provide an absolute guarantee with regards to accuracy or completeness. We will not be held liable for the use of any information that is accessed thru this disclosure system or any losses or damages, including loss of profits that may result from the use of this information. Food Disclosure Reports are merely a reflection of conditions observed at the time of inspection and are not an endorsement of any one establishment over another.