Skip to content

Information for Health Professionals

Speech and Language Development Checklist for Primary Care

How to Make a Referral

What Comes After Preschool Speech?

Language Express services end when children enter school.

Children who still need help with their communication development are referred to school based services as follows:

  • School Board Speech Language Pathology services – children who need help with understanding and using language and with developing literacy skills.
  • Children’s Treatment Centre School Based Rehabilitation Services – children who need help with speech sounds (articulation), motor speech, stuttering, and voice problems.

As part of the transition process, a discharge report will be provided to parents and school based services. A meeting with school personnel will be arranged if needed.

How to Order Language Express Print Resources

Call our office at 1-888-503-8885 or 613-283-2742 or fax this form to 613-283-2924.

1-888-503-8885 or 613-283-2742