Referrals – Language Express
Language Express accepts referrals for children who live in Leeds/Grenville and Lanark Counties.
- Children born in 2023 must be referred by September 1, 2027
- Children born in 2022 must be referred by September 1, 2026
- Children born in 2021 must be referred by September 1, 2025
- Children born in 2020 must be referred by September 1, 2024
- Children born in 2019 must be referred by September 1, 2023
- Children born in 2018 or earlier are already too old. Please contact the child’s school to request a referral to school based services.
We encourage direct referral by parents, but anyone can refer with parental consent.
There are three ways to make a referral:
- Complete the Language Express Communication Checkup and then choose the online referral option.
- Call 1-888-503-8885 or 613-283-2742.
- Fax a referral to 613-283-2924.
- Due to privacy concerns we cannot accept referrals by email.
These checklists are useful for health care providers and early years professionals making referrals:
- 6 Month Checklist
- 12 Month Checklist
- 18 Month Checklist
- 2 Year Checklist
- 2 and a half Year Checklist
- 3 Year Checklist
- 4 Year Checklist
Hearing Testing Clinics
Language Express does not provide hearing testing. Information about hearing testing is listed below:
1-888-503-8885 or 613-283-2742