Language Express accepts referrals for children who live in Leeds/Grenville and Lanark Counties.
- Children born in 2021 must be referred by November 30, 2025
- Children born in 2020 must be referred by November 30, 2024
- Children born in 2019 must be referred by November 30, 2023
- Children born in 2018 must be referred by November 30, 2022
- Children born in 2017 must be referred by November 30, 2021
- Children born in 2016 or earlier are already too old. Please contact the child’s school to request a referral to school based services.
We encourage direct referral by parents, but anyone can refer with parental consent. The exception is that referrals of Junior Kindergarten students must come directly from parents.
There are three ways to make a referral:
- Complete the Language Express Communication Checkup and then choose the online referral option.
- Call 1-888-503-8885 or 613-283-2742.
- Fax a referral to 613-283-2924.
- Due to privacy concerns we cannot accept referrals by email.
These checklists are useful for health care providers and early years professionals making referrals:
- 6 Month Checklist
- 12 Month Checklist
- 18 Month Checklist
- 2 Year Checklist
- 2 and a half Year Checklist
- 3 Year Checklist
- 4 Year Checklist
Checklists For Junior Kindergarten Teachers (Junior Kindergarten students must be referred by a parent/guardian, but teachers can recommend a referral)
Hearing Testing Clinics
Language Express does not provide hearing testing. Information about hearing testing is listed below: