- Information about reducing the spread of infections
- Information about vaccine
- Information about outbreaks: you can subscribe to this page and get an email when the page is updated.
- Quick Reference Guide to Outbreak Management
- Specimen and supply order form
- Information about the flu vaccine
- Information about the flu
- What’s New with the Flu Slideshow
- There is another webinar being held Tuesday, November 5.
- Regular Health Unit number 613-345-5685 – use extension 2222 for generic outbreak team contacts or you can always use the individual extensions.
- Toll Free Health Unit number 1-800-660-5853.
- Anyone can connect with us on social media through Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthUnit.
- The Q&A is being reviewed by staff and will be up on November 15, 2019. Please suggest questions by emailing: [email protected].
- We have been doing some media in the community. Messages are focused on why to get a flu shot and how to prevent the spread of influenza.
- We will be using the key messages from the Ministry to develop an answer to the common question about vaccine supply and to release a media statement.
- We will also be promoting that people 65 and over should get a flu shot regardless of whether the high dose is available.
Please suggest other resources you may need by emailing: [email protected]
- For patients: Cold vs Flu infographic – this will be available November 18, 2019.
- For parents: When is a child too sick for school – Connecting home to school
- For everyone: Cover your cough
- For Visitors: Stay home when sick – Tips for visiting Long-Term Care facilities
- Handwashing stickers and other resources are available by emailing the Infectious Diseases team.