Spring COVID-19 Booster
April 6, 2023
Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health is recommending high-risk individuals receive their next COVID-19 booster dose this spring.
Individuals in the following high-risk groups are recommended to book an appointment for a spring COVID-19 booster if it has been at least six months since their last dose or confirmed COVID-19 infection:
- Individuals aged 65 years and older;
- Residents of long-term care homes, retirement homes, Elder Care Lodges, and other congregate living settings for seniors;
- Individuals aged 18 years and older living in a congregate care setting for people with complex medical care needs;
- Pregnant individuals;
- Individuals aged 18 years and older who are moderately to severely immunocompromised; and
- Individuals aged 55 years and older who identify as First Nations, Inuit, or Métis and their non-Indigenous household members aged 55 years and older.
Use this COVID-19 Booster Dose Recommendation Tool as a quick and easy way to determine if you should get boosted.
Individuals 5 years and older who have not yet received a booster dose since September 1, 2022, are recommended to receive a booster dose if it has been at least six months since their last dose or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
Recommendations for other individuals who are not high-risk and have already received a booster since September 1, 2022, will be available closer to Fall 2023.
In Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, you can book your vaccine here:
- Appointment booking information – We may be able to accommodate walk-ins.
You can also receive a vaccine from participating health care providers and participating pharmacies.
You can get Information on COVID-19 vaccines on our website. You can also call 1-800-660-5853 or follow LGLHealthunit on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.