May 8, 2020
All Health Unit offices are closed to the walk-in public, effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
We are providing essential services only. If a service is not on the list below then that service is cancelled during the COVID-19 response.
Health Unit Phone Lines
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has phone lines open for the public to call:
- The main number to call is 1-800-660-5853.
- General COVID-19 Enquiries – Extension 2499, available 7 days a week, from 8:30am until 4:30pm.
- Enquiries from Health Care Providers or for members of the public reporting symptoms – Extension 2222, available 8:30am until 4:30pm, seven days a week.
- Duty Desk, (Public Health Inspectors) for business operator enquiries – Extension 2308, also available 8:30am until 4:30pm, seven days a week.
- For urgent calls that can’t wait until Health Unit regular hours, call 613-345-5685.
Sexual Health Clinic
Call 613-345-5685, ext 2005 to speak with a nurse for emergency services only:
- You have tested positive for Syphilis, gonorrhea or Chlamydia and need treatment
- You are a contact of Syphilis, gonorrhea or Chlamydia
- You are a client who needs birth control
- You need emergency contraception (Plan B)
- You have urgent sexual health concerns and need to speak to a Public Health Nurse
Immunization Clinics will be closed until further notice. Call 1-800-660-5853 with any immunization questions.
Immunization Clinics are being offered for priority groups by appointment. Please call 1-800-660-5853 for further details.
Immunization remains an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Vaccines will be offered at the Health Unit for
- Infants aged 2 months to 18 months (if you do not have a health care provider or your health care provider is not providing immunization at this time).
- Health care workers requiring vaccinations for work in a health care setting (excluding TB testing) will be booked into a clinic.
- High risk individuals, with a referral from their health care provider.
The following immunizations will be given at the earliest opportunity when restrictions are lifted:
- School aged children requiring their 4–6 year old immunizations.
- Grade 7 students will receive immunizations during a school based clinic.
- Grade 8 students requiring missed doses of vaccines will be done during a school based clinic.
- Adolescents and adults requiring routine vaccines will be booked into future clinics.
- Travel immunization and consultations will be booked into future clinics.
Smart Works Services and Needle Exchange
Smart Works Services and Needle Exchange will continue at the following Health Unit locations: Brockville, Smiths Falls and Perth. Please follow posted instructions located at the sites for service. Check our website for other sites where Smart Works services are available.
Well Water Testing; Water Bottle Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Coolers and sample bottles will be available at Brockville and Smiths Falls office.
- For Almonte and Gananoque, please call 1-800-660-5853 before going to the service site.
- In Kemptville, a temporary location is set up at 50 Empress Drive in Victoria Park, this is a private residence and a cooler will be on the front porch, please do not go to the door.
- The Office in Perth and is open for water bottle pick-up and drop-off Monday to Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm (Clients have to knock on the door).
- Lanark Highlands Township Office Water Sampling Services during COVID-19 are suspended until further notice.
- For more information about well water testing visit the Drinking Water section of our website.
Quit Smoking and Vaping Services
The Health Unit is not accepting new clients to our quit smoking and vaping program at this time. Please call 1-800-660-5853, If you would like to be contacted when the program resumes. Learn more about what supports can be accessed online, by mail, phone, and text by visiting the Helping Smokers Quit section of our website.
Other Essential Services for Clients
- Emergency dental visits
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children home visiting
Language Express – Preschool Speech and Language Services
Language Express in-person programs and appointments have been cancelled until further notice. If you are already a Language Express client, your service provider is available to provide support by telephone, email, or secure online video meetings. We encourage you to call your service provider or the Language Express office for more information. Click here for important information about online visits. There are lots of things you can be doing at home to help your child make progress on speech and language goals.
If you are not a client yet but would like to make a referral or get more information, please call our central office at 1-888-503-8885 or (613) 283-2742. Leave a message and someone will call you back. Take good care and we look forward to being able to see you again in person.
In-Person Prenatal Classes
Upcoming Almonte, Smiths Falls, Brockville, and Gananoque Prenatal classes have been cancelled.
Please note that all Baby Talk and Playgroups run by the EarlyON Centre have been cancelled until further notice.
Infant Feeding Clinic
Call 1-800-660-5853 with any infant feeding questions or to make an appointment for a clinic. See dates and locations here.
Good Food for a Healthy Baby
All Good Food for a Healthy Baby groups have been cancelled until further notice.
We are still offering Triple P Online for parents of 0–12 year olds and Teens at no cost. We will also provide support over the phone! If you have any parenting questions or concerns, please connect with us! Call 613-345-5685 or 1-800-660-5853 or email email@example.com.
- Vaccine distribution to health care providers
- Ontario Works and ODSP claim payments
The Leeds Grenville Poverty Reduction Alliance has cancelled their next meeting on Monday, March 30, 2020 from 4:00pm–6:00pm at The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit’s Brockville office at 458 Laurier Boulevard.
Public Health Inspections
- Public health inspectors will be responding to inquiries
- Responding to adverse water results
- Rabies and animal bite investigation and follow-up
- Investigations of health hazards
- Responding to complaints and questions
- Investigate complaints for infection prevention and control lapses in personal (hairdressing, tattoos) and non-personal (i.e. medical offices) service settings
- Case and Contact Follow up of communicable disease
- Investigate and manage outbreaks including facilitating delivery of specimens to PHO lab
- Land Control and complaints related to sewage systems