March 22, 2020
All Health Unit offices are closed to the walk-in public, effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
We are providing essential services only. If a service is not on the list below then that service is cancelled during the COVID-19 response.
The 1-800-660-5853 line will be answered Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
On call service for emergencies after hours – 613-345-5685.
Sexual Health Clinic
Call 613-345-5685, ext 2005 to speak with a nurse for emergency services only:
- You have tested positive for Syphilis, gonorrhea or Chlamydia and need treatment
- You are a contact of Syphilis, gonorrhea or Chlamydia
- You are a client who needs birth control
- You need emergency contraception (Plan B)
Immunization Clinics will be closed until April 30. Call 1-800-660-5853 with any immunization questions.
Smart Works Services and Needle Exchange
Smart Works Services and Needle Exchange will continue at the following Health Unit locations: Brockville, Smiths Falls and Perth. Please follow posted instructions located at the sites for service. Check our website for other sites where Smart Works services are available.
Well Water Testing; Water Bottle Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Coolers and sample bottles will be available at Brockville and Smiths Falls office.
- For Almonte and Gananoque, please call 1-800-660-5853 before going to the service site.
- In Kemptville, a temporary location is set up at 50 Empress Drive in Victoria Park, this is a private residence and a cooler will be on the front porch, please do not go to the door.
- For more information about well water testing visit the Drinking Water section of our website.
Quit Smoking and Vaping Services
The Health Unit is not accepting new clients to our quit smoking and vaping program at this time. Please call 1-800-660-5853, If you would like to be contacted when the program resumes. Learn more about what supports can be accessed online, by mail, phone, and text by visiting the Helping Smokers Quit section of our website.
Other Essential Services for Clients
- Emergency dental visits
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children home visiting
Language Express – Preschool Speech and Language Services
Language Express in-person programs and appointments have been cancelled until further notice. If you are already a Language Express client, your service provider is available to provide support by telephone, and we encourage you to call your service provider or the Language Express office if you have any questions. There are lots of things you can be doing at home to help your child make progress on speech and language goals. If you are not a client yet but would like to make a referral or get more information, please call our central office at 1-888-503-8885 or (613) 283-2742. Leave a message and someone will call you back. Take good care and we look forward to being able to see you again in person.
In-Person Prenatal Classes
Upcoming Almonte, Smiths Falls, Brockville, and Gananoque Prenatal classes have been cancelled.
Please note that all Baby Talk and Playgroups run by the EarlyON Centre have been cancelled until further notice.
Infant Feeding Clinic
Call 1-800-660-5853 with any infant feeding questions or to make an appointment for a clinic. See dates and locations here.
Good Food for a Healthy Baby
All Good Food for a Healthy Baby groups have been cancelled until further notice.
All upcoming Triple P group sessions have been cancelled. If you have questions about coping with parenting issues during the COVID-19 response, please call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2499.
- Vaccine distribution to health care providers
- Ontario Works and ODSP claim payments
The Leeds Grenville Poverty Reduction Alliance has cancelled their next meeting on Monday, March 30, 2020 from 4:00pm–6:00pm at The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit’s Brockville office at 458 Laurier Boulevard.
Public Health Inspections
- Public health inspectors will be responding to inquiries
- Responding to adverse water results
- Rabies and animal bite investigation and follow-up
- Investigations of health hazards
- Responding to complaints and questions
- Investigate complaints for infection prevention and control lapses in personal (hairdressing, tattoos) and non-personal (i.e. medical offices) service settings
- Case and Contact Follow up of communicable disease
- Investigate and manage outbreaks including facilitating delivery of specimens to PHO lab
- Land Control and complaints related to sewage systems