September 20, 2021
Urgent: As of September 27 until further notice, we are continuing to pause some Health Unit services to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19 in our communities.
- This is temporary and will NOT affect postpartum calls, our Smart Works program or well-water sampling.
- Smart Works services are available at our Brockville and Smiths Falls, offices; please contact us if you need service at another site.
- Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing are available at Brockville, Smiths Falls and Gananoque office and in Kemptville.
- Sexual health clinics remain open by appointment only in Brockville and Smiths Falls. No walk-ins; screening before entry.
- Infant feeding clinics are open by appointment only in Smiths Falls and Brockville.
- If you have an urgent breastfeeding, sexual health, or non-COVID-19 immunization issue, please contact us at 1-800-660-5853.
- If your child 17 and under has an urgent dental need, please call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2315 to discuss emergency coverage through the Healthy Smiles Ontario program.
- Our phone lines remain open: 1-800-660-5853 Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- General COVID-19 inquiries extension 2499
- School/Parent line: 1-866-236-0123 – open 7 days a week.
- Health care providers or members of the public reporting symptoms: extension 2222. This extension is open 7 days a week.
- Businesses inspected by the Health Unit: extension 2308
- Emergencies after hours: 613-345-5685
COVID-19 Services Available:
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – Visit our website for more information about eligibility and booking appointments.
- Assessment Centres are open for testing
All Health Unit offices are closed to the walk-in public.
We are allowing some visitors that need to access our offices and service sites to deliver goods and services or to attend meetings with Health Unit staff. All visitors that have a prearranged permission to enter an office MUST complete the Visitor Screening Tool before entry is granted. Please communicate the result of the screen to your Health Unit contact person.