April 6, 2021
Urgent: We are continuing to pause many Health Unit services to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19 in our communities.
- This is temporary and will NOT affect urgent postpartum calls, our Smart Works program or well-water sampling.
- Smart Works services are available at our Brockville and Smiths Falls, offices; please contact us if you need service at another site.
- Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing are available at Brockville, Smiths Falls and Gananoque office and in Kemptville.
- Gananoque: Well-water testing bottles are available for pick-up and drop-off in the fridge at the entrance. Water samples are not accepted during lunch time and on Fridays. For information about this service when the Health Unit office is not staffed, please call 613-382-8220.
- Kemptville: Well-water testing bottle drop off location has changed to 50 Empress Drive., Kemptville. This is a private residence. Please do not knock on the door or ring the doorbell.
- Some sexual health clinics remain open. Client needs will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. If you have urgent needs, please call in and speak to a nurse.
- Infant feeding clinics are open by appointment only Almonte, Kemptville, Smiths Falls and Brockville.
- If you have an urgent breastfeeding, sexual health, or non-COVID-19 immunization issue, please contact us at 1-800-660-5853.
- Our phone lines remain open: 1-800-660-5853 from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 7 days a week
- General COVID-19 inquiries extension 2499
- School/Parent line: 1-866-236-0123
- Health care providers or members of the public reporting symptoms: extension 2222
- Businesses inspected by the Health Unit: extension 2308
- Emergencies after hours: 613-345-5685
COVID-19 Services Available:
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – Visit our website for more information about eligibility and booking appointments.
- Assessment Centres are open for testing
All Health Unit offices are closed to the walk-in public.
We are allowing some visitors that need to access our offices and service sites to deliver goods and services or to attend meetings with Health Unit staff. All visitors that have a prearranged permission to enter an office MUST complete the Visitor Screening Tool before entry is granted. Please communicate the result of the screen to your Health Unit contact person.