July 25, 2022
Essential Services Available from Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
As of January 31, 2022, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has re-opened some essential services that were paused in order to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19 in high risk settings within our communities. There may be some changes to services along the way to allow us to manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic as needs change over time.
Smart Works services continue to be available at our Brockville and Smiths Falls, offices; please contact us if you need service at another site.
Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing continue to be available at Brockville, Smiths Falls and Gananoque Health Unit offices and in Kemptville at the Municipal Centre.
Masks are still required for the safety of staff and our clients:
- Sexual health clinics remain open. We recommend that you call in advance to book an appointment. Same-day appointments and/or walk-ins may be available, but are not guaranteed. To book an appointment call 1-800-660-5853 or the number for the clinic location.
- Infant feeding clinics are open by appointment in Almonte, Brockville, Kemptville, and Smiths Falls.
- Immunization clinics (non-COVID-19) are open by appointment in Almonte, Brockville, Kemptville, and Smiths Falls with limited capacity.
- Regular school immunization clinics are being provided through “catch up clinics”. For more information visit our School Immunizations page.
- Dental: The Healthy Smiles Ontario program and Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program are available for children age 17 and under or eligible seniors age 65 and up. Call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2315 or click the links for more information on these programs.
- Our phone lines remain open: 1-800-660-5853 Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Health care providers or high risk settings reporting symptoms or positive test results: extension 2222.
- Businesses inspected by the Health Unit: extension 2308
- Emergencies after hours: 613-345-5685
- For COVID-19 testing and isolation information call the Provincial line at 1-888-777-0730, open 7 days a week from 8:00am-6:00pm.
- Smart Works services continue to be available at our Brockville and Smiths Falls, offices; please contact us if you need service at another site.
- Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing continue to be available at Brockville, Smiths Falls and Gananoque Health Unit offices and in Kemptville at the Municipal Centre.
COVID-19 Services Available:
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and support contact tracing for COVID-19 in high risk settings.
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19 in high risk settings.
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints.
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – Visit our website for more information about eligibility and booking appointments.
- Assessment Centres are open for testing for those eligible.
Health Unit offices in Almonte, Brockville, Kemptville and Smiths Falls are open to the public. All visitors MUST wear a mask before entering the building. Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
For information about Health Unit services, call 1-800-660-5853 or visit our website at www.healthunit.org.
Keeping our clients and families safe during the COVID-19 pandemic is very important to us. We thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.