December 15, 2022
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit will be closed for the holidays on the following days:
- Friday, December 23, 2022
- Monday, December 26, 2022
- Tuesday, December 27, 2022
- Friday, December 30, 2022
- Monday, January 2, 2023
Like many residents of Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, our staff and their families are also affected by the respiratory season. At times this may have an impact on our ability to offer scheduled programs and services. Please be assured that we will continue to provide the best service we can.
COVID-19 Services available over the holidays:
- Outbreak Case and Contact services:
- Extension 2222 will be staffed December 28 and 29 for Communicable Diseases calls from highest risk settings/institutions.
- General public calls will be redirected to the Provincial Testing and Isolation Information line at 1-888-777-0730, open 7 days a week from 8:00am–6:00pm
- Call Centre Booking Lines open December 28, 29 – 8:30am–4:30pm 1-844-369-1234
- Public Health Emergency 613-345-5685 open 24/7
Assessment Centres: For holiday hours, check our website before heading out: Assessment, Testing and Results – Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
A reminder of the services available at Testing and Assessment Centres:
- Brockville: In addition to COVID-19 testing for high risk clients, Medical Assessment is also available – including clinical assessments and prescriptions for anti-viral treatment (Paxlovid) if eligible
- Smiths Falls: (Smiths Falls Testing Centre is no longer offering COVID-19 testing to the general public. Testing is for hospital patients only)
- Kemptville: Includes DIY/self-collection testing and clinical medical assessments and prescriptions for anti-viral treatment (Paxlovid) if eligible
- Almonte: Tests provided to those who are eligible. Must be at least 6 months old.
- Weekly Vaccine statistics reports on December 20 and January 3
- Weekly COVID-19 surveillance reports on December 20 and January 3
- Weekly Local Vaccine Status reports on December 20 and January 3
Other Non–COVID Programs and Clinic Hours
- There is an immunization clinic being held in Brockville December 28 for those who already have an appointment
- Infant Feeding Clinic Schedule; please call 1 800 660 5853 to book an appointment:
- Friday, December 23 – Office Closed (No Smiths Falls Clinic)
- Friday, December 30 – Office Closed (No Smiths Falls Clinic)
- Monday, December 26 – Office Closed – (No Smiths Falls clinic)
- Tuesday, December 27 – Office Closed – (No Brockville clinic)
- Wednesday, December 28 – Smiths Falls and Kemptville clinic open
- Thursday, December 29 – Brockville and Almonte clinic open
- Monday, January 2 – Office closed – (No Smiths Falls clinic)
- Tuesday, January 3 – Brockville and Carleton Place clinic open
- Wednesday, January 4 – Kemptville clinic open
- Thursday, January 5 – Brockville and Almonte clinic open
- Friday, January 6 – Smiths Falls clinic open
- Smart Works services are not available at Health Unit offices on stat holidays; they are available in Smiths Falls and Brockville on December 28, 29; please contact us if you need service at another site.
- Well water sample bottles for well-water testing will NOT be accepted December 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 and January 2
- Sexual health clinics will be closed over the holidays:
- Brockville – December 26, 29 and January 2
- Perth – December 26 and January 2
- Kemptville – December 27
- Almonte – December 27
- Smiths Falls – December 28
- Gananoque – December 28
- There are no clinics on the 28 and 29.
- If your child 17 and under has an urgent dental need, please call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2315 to discuss emergency coverage through the Healthy Smiles Ontario program.
All programs and clinics that were running throughout the pandemic will resume on Tuesday, January 3, 2022.