January 28, 2022
As of January 31, 2022, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Health Unit will be re-opening some essential services that were paused in order to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19 in high risk settings within our communities. There are still some services that are paused to effectively manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Smart Works services continue to be available at our Brockville and Smiths Falls, offices; please contact us if you need service at another site.
Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing continue to be available at Brockville, Smiths Falls and Gananoque Health Unit offices and in Kemptville at the Municipal Centre.
Here are some services that are going to be available again as of January 31, 2022:
- Sexual health clinics remain open by appointment only at most of our offices (click link for location details). No walk-ins; screening before entry.
- Infant feeding clinics are open by appointment in Smiths Falls, Brockville, Almonte and Kemptville.
- Immunization clinics (non-COVID-19) are resuming in Brockville, Smiths Falls, Kemptville and Almonte with limited capacity.
- Regular school immunization clinics are on-hold currently during our pandemic response. For more information visit our School Immunizations page.
- Dental: The Healthy Smiles Ontario program and Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program are available for children age 17 and under or eligible seniors age 65 and up. Call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2315 or click the links for more information on these programs.
- Our phone lines remain open: 1-800-660-5853 Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- General COVID-19 inquiries extension 2499
- School/Parent line: 1-866-236-0123 – open 7 days a week.
- Health care providers or high risk settings reporting symptoms or positive test results: extension 2222. This extension is open 7 days a week.
- Businesses inspected by the Health Unit: extension 2308
- Emergencies after hours: 613-345-5685
COVID-19 Services Available:
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19 in high risk settings.
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19 in high risk settings.
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints.
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – Visit our website for more information about eligibility and booking appointments.
- Assessment Centres are open for testing for those eligible.
Health Unit offices in Brockville and Smiths Falls are open to the public. All visitors MUST complete a self-assessment before entering the building. Please follow the guidance in the screening tool as well as any signage upon arrival.
For information about Health Unit services, call 1-800-660-5853 or visit our website at www.healthunit.org.
Keeping our clients and families safe during the COVID-19 pandemic is very important to us. We thank you for your ongoing understanding.
Media Contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator or Katie Jackson, Manager: email [email protected]