July 2, 2021
We are pleased that the Province has announced that youth can book their 2nd dose earlier than the planned August date starting Monday, July 5 at 8:00a.m. Youth in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark can book their second dose as early as 21 days after receiving their first dose of Pfizer. Getting youth fully vaccinated before school starts will help to protect our youth and school communities.
What does this mean for youth who attended community clinics in June?
If you received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at one of the community clinics listed below, you will be automatically booked into a second dose clinic during the last 2 weeks of July with an appointment at the same time and same location as your first dose. The Health Unit is in the process of confirming the dates for these second dose clinics; and will notify clients by phone or email of the second dose clinic date and appointment time by Friday, July 9.
If you received your first dose at one of these community clinics, you will be booked into a second dose clinic at the same location and the Health Unit will notify you by phone or email of the date and time of your appointment:
- Lanark Village – June 11
- Gananoque – June 14
- Elgin – June 15
- Athens – June 17
- Perth – June 23
- Prescott – June 24
- Carleton Place – June 26
NOTE: Other residents who attended these community clinics will also be booked into the new July clinics and will be notified of the date and time of their appointment by email or phone by Friday, July 9.
What about youth and other residents that did not attend one of the community clinics listed above, and would like to book an earlier second dose?
Options for booking an earlier second dose are:
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark online booking portal or Provincial Portal
- Add your name to the weekly contingency list
- Check for a participating pharmacy near you. Ensure the pharmacy is offering Pfizer if you are making an appointment for someone 12-17
- Call our local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm
What about youth and other residents who book an earlier second dose appointment and need to cancel their original appointment?
- Kindly notify us by submitting an online cancellation request or contacting the local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm. This will help make your cancelled appointment available for others to book
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine, visit https://healthunit.org/covid-19-vaccine/
For media interviews, contact: Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or email [email protected]