December 9, 2021
Patrons who attended O’Heaphy’s Irish Pub in Prescott on December 4 from 6:00pm to 11:00pm and December 6 from 5:00pm to 12:00am may have been exposed to COVID-19.
We recommend that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, who was at the pub on these days and times:
- Get tested at a local assessment centre or pharmacy:
- Monitor for symptoms carefully, even mild ones
- If you have or develop symptoms:
- Everyone in your household (unless they are fully vaccinated) must also stay home until you get a negative COVID-19 test result, or you are cleared by public health, or you are diagnosed with another illness.
- Continue with public health precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters (6 feet) away from people in public areas
- Wear a face covering: Minimum of 2 layers of material; 3 will provide further protection when you cannot stay 6 feet away from people out in public – and in indoor public spaces as required
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer after being in touch with others or handling anything from outside your home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Infectious Diseases Program, at 1-800-660-5853 extension 2222
As part of the COVID-19 case management and contact tracing process, Public Health follows up with close contacts of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. If the contact tracing team are unable to identify close contacts of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, a public release may be issued to reach those contacts.
For more information about COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 section of our website or call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2499. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthunit or Instagram at lglhealthunit.z.
Media Contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or email [email protected].