June 4, 2021
As of June 4, the province has expanded the eligibility to receive an earlier second dose for people who received a first dose of Pfizer or Moderna, with preferably the same type of vaccine.
- Individuals 70 years of age and over (or born in 1951 or before)
- Received their first dose on or before April 18, 2021
Individuals who received a first dose of AstraZeneca will receive the second dose of the vaccine at 12 weeks. The above eligibility change does not apply to them.
The following options will be available to book an earlier second dose Moderna or Pfizer for those eligible now (see above):
- Contact a participating pharmacy for an available appointment with Pfizer or Moderna depending on your first dose – see pharmacies and the available vaccine type at COVID-19 pharmacy vaccine locations (ontario.ca)
- Book an appointment for Pfizer at a Health Unit Fixed Site Vaccine clinic in Brockville, Almonte, Kemptville or Smiths Falls:
- Use the LGL online booking portal. If you rebook your appointment, please cancel the first one following directions on the email you received confirming your appointment.
- Use the Province’s online booking tool at www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine or the Provincial Booking Phone-line at 1-888-999-6488. New eligibility groups can book as of Monday. If you rebook your appointment please cancel the first one on the provincial booking system.
- Add your name to the contingency list for extra doses at the end of a clinic (sign up is open from Tuesday June 8th at 8:00am until Wednesday June 9th at 4:30pm)
If you need help with booking then please call our local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm. We expect the Call Centre phone lines will be busy and there may either be a long wait or your call may get dropped if there are too many in line. If this occurs, we encourage you to please call back later in the day or another day or try an online booking option instead.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine, visit https://healthunit.org/covid-19-vaccine/
UPDATE July 9, 2021: The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Call Centre hours have changed and are now Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm. The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Call Centre is no longer open on weekends.
For media interviews, contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or email [email protected]