March 22, 2021
The Health Unit will pause some services until April 9, 2021 to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19, and to continue with the COVID-19 vaccine roll out. “This temporary change allows us to focus on managing the high volume of COVID-19 cases and high risk contacts while continuing to move forward with our COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan” explains Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health for the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
During this temporary change phone lines remain open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 7 days a week at 1-800-660-5853; and by calling 613-345-5685 after-hours for emergencies.
Temporary Changes to Services:
- Smart Works services are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices; and service can be requested at a different site if needed
- Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices
- Breastfeeding, sexual health, and non-COVID-19 immunization clinics are cancelled. Clients with urgent breastfeeding, sexual health, or non-COVID-19 immunization issues can contact the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853
COVID-19 Services Available:
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – Visit our website for more information about eligibility and booking appointments.
- Assessment Centres are open for testing
For media interviews, contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or [email protected].