April 11, 2021
As a result of a COVID-19 exposure, the Health Unit is advising patrons who attended Brockville Walmart on April 7, 2021 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and to seek testing if symptoms develop.
If you were at Brockville Walmart during those times on April 7, we advise you to:
- Monitor for symptoms carefully, even mild ones
- If symptoms develop:
Because this virus spreads so easily – we all need to do our part to slow and reduce the spread. This means practicing all of the public health measures:
- Follow the Stay-At-Home Order
- Stay home as much as possible and limit close contact (no masks and closer than 2m) to your own household (the people you live with)
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters (6 feet) away from people in public areas
- Wear a face covering: Minimum of 2 layers of material; 3 will provide further protection when you cannot stay 6 feet away from people out in public – and in indoor public spaces as required
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer after being in touch with others or handling anything from outside your home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels
Media Contact: Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or email [email protected].