April 12, 2021
The Health Unit has identified that some individuals may have been exposed to COVID-19 while at the 1000 Islands Brewery, in Brockville on April 1, 2021 between 5:00pm and closing. Some individuals may have become infectious already so it is critical that those patrons who attended this premises at that time immediately self-isolate, go for testing at a local assessment centre, and remain in self-isolation until a negative result is received.
If your test result is negative:
- Monitor for symptoms carefully, even mild ones
- You can stop self-isolating
- Follow the Stay at Home order and limit close contact (no masks and closer than 2m) to your own household (the people you live with)
- Practice physical distancing – stay 2 meters (6 feet) away from people in public areas
- Wear a face covering: Minimum of 2 layers of material; 3 will provide further protection when you cannot stay 6 feet away from people out in public – and in indoor public spaces as required
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer after being in touch with others or handling anything from outside your home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels
For more information about COVID-19 or for information about assessment centres, visit the COVID-19 section of our website or call 1-800-660-5853 extension 2499. You can also follow @LGLHealthUnit on Facebook and Twitter.
Media Contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or email [email protected].