December 9, 2020
Today, Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health at Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit and Dr. Kieran Moore, Medical Officer of Health at KFL&A Public Health are advising the public that the Health Unit is following up on an outbreak of cases of COVID-19 at the Gananoque Chev Buick GMC Cadillac (Main Dealership includes sales, parts, service/garage) located at 439 King Street East Gananoque and CSN Gananoque Collision Centre 380 Herbert Street, Gananoque.
All customers from Gananoque Chev Buick GMC Cadillac Dealership or the CSN Gananoque Collision Centre location from December 2 to December 8, 2020 are advised to assess your interactions. Persons who interacted with staff during this time may have been exposed to COVID-19. We therefore recommend that you monitor yourself for symptoms and get tested should any develop. If you are concerned about a high risk exposure, where either yourself or the staff member was in close proximity and not masked, then you should isolate and contact your local public health unit for further information. KFL&A and LGL Public Health have already identified and reached out to many of the high-risk contacts.
“The well-being of the customers and staff is most important,” said Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health. “To protect the health of the public and prevent community spread, the Health Unit is following up with the workplace and conducting contact tracing.”
We advise you to:
- If you have had a high risk exposure, then self isolate for 14 days from the day of your interaction. – this means staying at home, avoiding contact with others, and following public health precautions to prevent COVID-19.
- Self-monitor for symptoms using the Provincial screening tool
- If you are experiencing or develop symptoms even mild ones, make an appointment for testing at a local Assessment Centre.
- Follow the advice provided by the Assessment Centre and public health.
- If you are not symptomatic and have not been advised by public health to get tested please do not go for testing, as a test completed too early may not provide you with accurate results.
Leeds Grenville Community Paramedic Outreach Program is arranging for pop-up testing in Gananoque on December 10, 2020 in the Upstairs Hall at the Gananoque & TLTI Recreation Centre at 600 King Street East (enter through the North side entrance) from 10:00am to 4:00pm; no appointment is required. To find your closest Ontario testing location to get a COVID‑19 test visit Ontario’s COVID-19 Testing Centre Location webpage or visit the Health Unit website. Assessment centres are open daily and appointments can be booked online or by phone.
Individuals who have any concerns or questions regarding the outbreak at Gananoque Chev Buick GMC Cadillac Dealership or the CSN Gananoque Collision Centre location may call KFL&A Public Health at 613-549-1232 or Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit 1-800-660-5853.