March 1, 2016
Take a 100 Meal Journey with the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
The Registered Dietitians at the Leeds Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit invite you to take a 100 meal journey, making small changes one meal at a time.
“How we eat and what foods we choose are influenced by many factors such as the foods that are available to us where we live, work, learn and play, our personal preferences, and what we know about food and nutrition,” says Carole Chang RD, Public Health Nutritionist. “People who started the year thinking about changes that could improve food choices and eating patterns should not be discouraged now that January and February are behind us! March is Nutrition Month in Canada and because there are about 100 mealtimes in March there are almost 100 new opportunities to make a positive change.”
Follow along for five weeks through local media, social media (LGLHealthUnit) and at www.healthunit.org for practical tips on how to:
- Choose a small, meaningful nutrition goal to work on throughout Nutrition Month and beyond.
- Focus on making food decisions that support your individual or family goal.
- Consider strategies for selecting realistic portion sizes.
- Focus on nourishing and delicious meal and snack ideas.
- Learn about realistic strategies to put in place during your own 100-meal journey and make healthy eating something that can last a lifetime!
Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550