When clients are given medication at a Health Unit Sexual Health Clinic, a Public Health Nurse reviews important information such as:
- What the medication is for
- How to take the medication
- Who should NOT take it
- Common side effects
This information can help clients to make an informed decision about whether or not to take the medication.
Below is a list of many of the medications clients may receive at a sexual health clinic.
If you have been given one of these medications in our clinic and have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-660-5853 and ask to speak with a sexual health nurse.
- Emergency Contraceptive Pill (Plan B)
- Metronidazole (Flagyl)
- Micronor (Mini-Pill)
- Patient Delivered Partner Therapy
- Patient Delivered Partner Therapy for Trichomoniasis
- Penicillin G
Information found in these fact sheets was taken from the product monograph included with each medication.