Skip to content

Severances and Minor Variances

Are You Interested in Severing a Parcel of Land?

To obtain a severance application (Application for Consent) contact:

Leeds and Grenville Counties
Land Division Office – Judy Richards
25 Central Avenue West, Suite 101
Brockville, Ontario K6V 4N6
613-342-9246 extension 2414

Lanark County
Lanark Land Division – Julie Stewart
99 Christie Lake Road (Sunset Boulevard), Box 37
Perth, Ontario K7H 3E2
613-267-4200 extension 105

Upon obtaining and completing the severance application a copy will be forwarded to the Health Unit. The application will be assessed and the appropriate fee for service will be charged.

An inspection is carried out on any land that is involved in the application for severance provided that:

  • Municipal services are not proposed and the lot division has potential for impact on an existing or proposed sewage disposal system.
  • Once the fee has been paid an inspection will be conducted and a copy of the report will be forwarded to the applicant, agent and the appropriate land division office.

Minor Variances and Zoning By-laws Amendments

A maintenance inspection is carried out and comments made to the municipality on all applications submitted to our Health Unit for a minor variance, lot line adjustment, or zoning by-law amendment.

In addition, home owners may request a maintenance inspection of their sewage system prior to a sale of the property.

To obtain a Maintenance Inspection Application contact the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit or go to Applications/Forms.


Smiths Falls


Health Unit In-Person Reception is Available Tuesdays and Wednesdays
8:00am–4:00pm (Closed 12:00pm–1:00pm)

Related Links