Why Explore Trails?
Being in nature benefits our physical, mental and emotional health. Walking is one of the greatest activities to keep you, your family and friends strong and healthy, in mind and body. There are many great local trails in our backyard to help keep your walk interesting! You could also try biking, canoeing, kayaking, horseback riding, cross country skiing or snowshoeing, on many of these trails.
List of Featured Local Trails
- K & P Trail
- Mill of Kintail Conservation Area
- Purdon Conservation Area
- Baird Trail
- Beckwith Recreation Trails
- Carleton Place – Trans Canada Trail
- Perth Wildlife Reserve
- Rideau Trail – Central Club
- Ferguson Forest Centre
- Limerick Forest
- The Brock Trail
- Mac Johnson Wildlife Area
- Triangle Trail
- St. Lawrence Islands National Park
- St. Lawrence Bikeway
- Marble Rock Hiking Trail
- Charleston Lake Provincial Park
- Cataraqui Trail
- Mill Pond Conversation Area
- Murphy’s Point Provincial Park
- Foley Mountain Conservation Area
For more detailed information on trails in your area, visit the following websites:
Looking for more information on trails and activities in Ontario, or across Canada?
If you are interested in trail development and advocacy, go to the Ontario Trails Strategy website.