COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit COVID-19 Case Summary Dashboard has been updated to reflect the new direction put in place at the end of December 2021 by the provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health. This new direction was enacted in response to the dramatic increase in COVID-19 cases associated with the emerging Omicron variant. This new format adjusts our daily reporting to focus on high risk cases and exposures. This new focus on high risk cases severely limits the amount of case reporting that can be done regionally by public health units. Since case reporting no longer gives us a true picture of COVID-19 activity in our region (because it only focuses on cases in high risk locations), our new approach uses additional sources of surveillance data to look at trends in local COVID-19 infections. The report contains data that is current at the time of publishing as well as continues to report data collected up to 4:00 p.m. the previous day. The new report will be posted on this site Monday, Wednesday and Friday around 10:00 a.m. except for weekends and statutory holidays. The old reporting format will be archived to provide data prior to the new reporting direction.
Please note: Effective Tuesday, September 27, 2022 the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard will be updated weekly on Tuesday by noon. This change in reporting frequency allows us to shift resources to other public health programs and services. Keep in mind that as of December 31, 2021 testing for COVID-19 has been limited to the most vulnerable individuals and individuals associated with the highest risk settings. As a result, this dashboard is likely an under-representation of COVID-19 activity in the community. Please address any questions to: [email protected].
On December 31, 2021 testing for COVID-19 was limited to the most vulnerable individuals and individuals associated with high risk exposure settings. This means that confirmed cases will significantly underestimate the true number of people currently infected with COVID-19 in the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit region. From this point forward, information from the daily COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard should not be compared to dates before these testing criteria changes.
For best viewing results:
- Expand the dashboard to full screen mode using the controls in the lower right-hand corner of the report.
- Choose the desired tab using the buttons at the top of the report.
- This report provides a dynamic view of Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit COVID-19 case data across time. Comparisons between this reporting format and the older archived reporting formats should not be made in terms of COVID-19 cases in our region.
- As this is a dynamic report, there will be day-to-day retrospective changes in case counts as new cases are received that are back-dated, as cases are resolved, as secondary lab confirmation determines a case was a false positive etc. Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions for a full explanation of how case counts fluctuate over time.
- The report is formatted for viewing on desktop, tablet and mobile devices. However, older devices or operating systems in need of upgrading may corrupt the formatting resulting in page items appearing out of order or disappearing entirely.
- The report is best viewed in portrait orientation on all devices except phones where landscape orientation is best.
- This dashboard supports viewing using most web browser formats except Internet Explorer (IE).
For clarification of any reported case information, please email us at [email protected].