Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds focuses on empowering all residents; promoting health, not weight; being a positive role model through words and actions; promoting healthy eating and physical activity in a positive way that reduces weight bias and increases health; and providing encouragement and opportunities for bodies of all sizes and shapes. The Health Unit can support the municipality with promoting healthy bodies and healthy minds by:
- In-servicing municipal staff and community partners on effective ways to promote physical activity, healthy eating, mental well-being, media literacy, body image and self-esteem.
- Mental Well-Being Fact Sheet
- Healthy Eating Fact Sheet
- Physical Activity Fact Sheet
- A Tool for Working with Children and Teens
- Clever Replies to Damaging Remarks
- Addressing Weight Bias: A Call to Action
Need reports on local data to help with a funding application or for planning? We also have dashboards you can search for information on different municipalities. Contact the Health Unit for more information.
Children and Youth Data
How Active Are Canadian Children and Youth? Every year, Canada is assessed to see how active children are. Each year, different themes related to physical activity and sedentary time are explored and graded.