The deadline for speech and language referrals for JK students is November 30, 2019. The Language Express Preschool Speech and Language Program provides FREE assessment and therapy services for children from birth to Junior Kindergarten in Lanark, Leeds, and Grenville. Check the speech and language milestones for your child’s age on our website at www.language-express.ca. If you have any concerns contact us at 1-888-503-8885 for information or to refer your child for an assessment. We can help you to be sure your child is on track. JK children born in 2015 must be referred before November 30, 2019.
Head Lice Factsheet. Visit us at our website www.healthunit.org for our most updated factsheet on lice and their management.
Does screen time turn into scream time in your household?
Looking for tips to help your child learn good screen time habits?
- Limit screen use. Start by:
- having times in the day that are “screen free” such as before bedtime or during supper.
- keeping screen use to certain rooms of the house, such as the living room or family room.
- Encourage other activities, like getting outside or meeting up with friends.
- Be a good role model. What does your screen use tell your children?
Register for our Triple P Café on “Screentime Use” at https://healthunit.org/clinics-classes/triple-p-parenting/
The Language Express Referral Deadline for JK students is almost here!
The deadline is NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
Language Express can provide assessment, intervention and resources to support children in developing speech, language, social communication, and literacy skills.
Watch for these warning signs:
- Has trouble following directions
- Hard to understand
- Does not use adult-like grammar
- Cannot retell a story coherently
- Is struggling to learn letter names
- Unusual voice quality (hoarse, breathy)