As the Government of Ontario continues to implement its Framework for Reopening the Province, childcare centres and home care providers in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark are now permitted to re-open provided they have specific rules, enhanced health and safety, as well as strict operational requirements in place. When developing health and safety protocols, childcare providers are responsible for adhering to the advice set out in the Operational Guidance for Child Care During COVID-19 Outbreak (Version 6 – June 2021) document as well as that provided by Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit (LGLDHU) in this Guidance Document. The Ministry of Education has indicated that childcare providers do not require local public health units to sign-off on health and safety protocols. As such, LGLDHU is providing operators with this Guidance Document, to be used in concert with the Ministry of Education’s guidance, to ensure they have the information they need to protect themselves, their households, and children.
We have created some guidance materials for you which include:
- COVID-19 Child Care Management Resources
- COVID-19 Child Care Management Toolkit
- Back to Child Care Confirmation Form
- Assessing PPE Use in a Child Care Setting
- Managing Children with COVID-19 Symptoms at a Child Care Setting – Instructions for Staff
- Protocol when Staff or Children Test Positive for COVID-19
- Recommendations for Child Care Settings During a COVID-19 Outbreak
- Return to Child Care Setting Protocols for Staff and Children during COVID-19
- Your Child had Symptoms While at Child Care
- COVID-19 Screening for Children Attending Child Care and School
- This provincial screening tool is intended to be used by parents, students, employees and visitors. This tool provides guidance on whether or not is it advised to go to school or work along with next steps.
- Helpful Links
- Operational Guidance for Child Care During COVID-19 Outbreak (Version 6 – June 2021)
- COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for: Day Camps (Version 1.0, May 26, 2021)