8:30am to 3:30pm
Know the Regulations - Grow Your Business
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit in Collaboration with Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs presents a workshop for local food producers.
The workshop is aimed at vendors selling food and value added food products at farmers markets, small food processors, home based businesses selling their products at food shows, on line, at local retail outlets.
- Come discover what the new regulatory changes mean for your business.
- Pick up food safety tips and resources from the experts.
- Have your questions answered by a panel of regulatory agencies.
- Regulatory Requirements from a Public Health Perspective - LGL Health Unit
- Considerations for Operating a Home- based Food Business - LGL Health Unit
- Food Safety Basics and Value added Products - LGL Health Unit
- An Introduction to Food Safety Plans - LGL Health Unit
- Understanding the Basics of Provincial Food Regulations OMAFRA - Regulatory Compliance Unit
- Foods of Plant Origin Update - OMAFRA
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations Getting Started - CFIA
- Overview of Food Labelling Requirements - CFIA
- Question and Answer Panel
$25 registration fee includes lunch.
Registration Deadline: March 22, 2019
Pay by cheque: Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, 458 Laurier Blvd., Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A3
Pay by phone using a credit card: 1-800-660-5853 ask for Community Health Protection
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact us at 1-800-660-5853.