The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has multiple Public Health Nurse openings within the Healthy Living and Development Department working in our Smiths Falls and Brockville Offices. These are full-time, temporary status positions, starting as soon as possible up to December 29, 2022 with the possibility of extension.
The Public Health Nurse provides services to individuals, families and the community as a whole, throughout the lifespan in a variety of settings in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, as per the provincial School-Focused Nurses in Public Health Initiative. Initially the work will be in the OPHS School Health Standard. The position reports to a Manager in the Healthy Living and Development Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with Community Health Component;
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in health promotion, and illness and injury prevention strategies (individuals, groups and populations), coalition building and community partnerships;
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health sciences;
- Demonstrated skill in the use of community development, social marketing and public policy strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills, with capacity to relate to clients of different ages and different needs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of the nursing process with families, individuals, groups, and the community-at-large, particularly at-risk populations;
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, flexibility, leadership and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and with other community agencies as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Work constructively and contribute to a harmonious and effective work environment;
- Handle work in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Strong time management and organizational skills; able to deal with many competing demands in a calm, professional and independent manner;
- Solid problem-solving abilities; ability to set priorities and manage conflicting demands;
- Careful attention to detail;
- Knowledge and proficiency using the Internet and various computer programs in a Windows environment;
- Health Care Provider “C” CPR Certification;
- Valid Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle;
- Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Up to date immunizations, according to the Health Unit’s Employee Immunization and Mantoux Skin Testing Policy
- Experience in working with a school –age children and youth populations as per the School Health program standard and related guidelines and protocols under the Ontario Public Health Standards; Requirements for Programs, Services and Accountability, 2018
- Knowledge of Child Growth and Development;
- ASIST training;
- Bilingualism in French considered an asset.
Hourly Range: $37.49 to $47.23 plus thirteen percent (13%) in lieu of benefits.
Apply by 4:30 PM on July 12, 2022. Email to [email protected] your resume with covering letter detailing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.