The Language Express Program has an employment opportunity for a Permanent Part time Communicative Disorders Assistant at the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit working out of the Smiths Falls Service Site.
Under the supervision of a Speech-Language Pathologist, the Communicative Disorders Assistant will provide a range of interventions to preschool children with speech and language delays/disorders. The CDA will also facilitate parent/caregiver participation and a parent training approach to promote the development of early communication skills.
Salary Range: $25.31 to $27.50 hourly, (0.4 FTE, 28 hours bi-weekly), plus paid vacation and thirteen (13%) in lieu of benefits.
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in a Communicative Disorders Assistant Program;
- Demonstrated experience with preschool population; skills in working with groups; promotion and/or presentations experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, flexibility, leadership and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work in a professional and ethical manner with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated excellence with telephone, written and oral communication skills;
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of insurance required following hire;
- Vulnerable sectors criminal record check;
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy V-685, including annual influenza immunization as directed by the Medical Officer of Health.
- Certification in “SPARK Communication™: Coaching Parents to Use Hanen Strategies”;
- Experience with Augmentative/Alternative Communication Systems.
Start Date: Monday, October 8, 2018
Apply by: 4:30pm on Monday, September 24, 2018. Email your resume and letter of application indicating how you meet the required and preferred qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.