FEE SCHEDULE, BUILDING CODE ACT – PART VIII
EFFECTIVE: August 1, 2017
Total Fee: $700.00
Total Fee: $775.00
Permit Renewal/Revision with no inspection – Fee: $60.00, HST: N/A, Total Fee: $60.00
Permit Renewal/Revision with site inspection – Fee: $200.00, HST: N/A, Total Fee: $200.00
Third Party Certificates – Fee: $60.00, HST: N/A, Total Fee: $60.00
Total Fee: $350.00
Total Fee: $200.00
Total Fee: $430.00
Fee: $200.00 per lot up to a maximum fee of $5,000.00
HST: 13% HST
Total Fee: $100.00
These fees include the cost of legal services, reviews of studies, consultant services, administration, education, and promotion activities.
Note #1: The Ministry of the Environment will be responsible for sewage works where the design capacity is in excess of 10,000 litres/day under the Ontario Water Resources Act.
Note #2: When more than 1 application is submitted pertaining to a particular land holding for severance applications, the fee for service will be $430.00 for the first application and $175.00 for each additional one. These applications must be applied for at the same time.
- Credit: VISA and MasterCard are accepted at the Brockville and Smiths Falls Offices only. Please note there is a 3% surcharge.
- Health Unit offices are open from 8:30am–4:30pm (closed from 12:00pm–1:00pm)
- Payment by cash or cheque in person can also be made at the Almonte Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Applications and Forms
The following forms are available for you to complete and submit to the health unit along with the applicable fees:
- Application for a Sewage System Maintenance Inspection (commonly used for minor variance and zoning inspections prior to sale/purchase of a property with a sewage system)
- Application for Permit to Construct or Demolish (Sewage System and/or Site Inspection application for new or replacement sewage system)
- Fee Schedule – Applications and Permits
- File Search – Information on Previous Installation of Septic System (for records dating back to 1972)
- Holding Tanks – Pump-out Agreement-Owner’s Undertaking (These are required to be arranged to ensure a holding tank can get pump-out servicing)
- New Home Warranty Form
- Transfer of Sewage System to New Owner (This form is used when the owners name has changed)
- Information on wells is stored by the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change. You can access it through their website if your well information was submitted.
- Well Record Verification (This is to confirm location and casing depth of an existing well)
- Authorization for an Application for a Sewage System Permit by a Person Other Than The Legal Owner (This form is required is a third party other than the owner is applying for the permit ie. sewage installer, engineer or agent)