Good oral health is important to a child’s overall health. The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit offers oral health information, programs, and services to promote early dental care that helps support good oral health for a lifetime.
Oral Health staff can provide preventive services to eligible children and teens ages 17 years and under at our Oral Health Clinics in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties.
Additional Oral Health Resources
- Ministry of Community and Social Services: How Ontario Works Can Help You: Health Benefits
- Ministry of Community and Social Services: Healthy Benefits, Dental Coverage ODSP
- Rideau Community Dental Services, Smiths Falls Community Health Centre
- Country Roads Community Health Centre – Dental Assistance for Low Income Families and Individuals
- The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) provides limited, temporary coverage of health-care benefits to refugees and protected persons who are not eligible for provincial health insurance. The IFHP program provides emergency dental care.
- Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHB) is a national program that provides coverage to registered First Nations and recognized Inuit for services that are not covered by other plans and programs. Coverage for dental services is determined on an individual basis.
- The Ontario Cleft Lip and Palate/Craniofacial Dental Program
- Canadian Dental Association
- Ontario Dental Association
- Ontario Association of Public Health Dentistry