Cycling is a fun and healthy activity. It’s a low-cost way to get around and it is good for the environment. Learn cycling rules of the road, wear a proper fitting helmet and know what safety equipment you need. Both drivers and cyclists need to do their part to keep the roads safe for all users.
For information and tips to keeps children safe while cycling visit Safe Cycling at Parachute Canada.
- The Ontario Ministry of Transportation provides information on legal requirements for cyclists and drivers as well as wearing a helmet.
- You will also find the Cycling Skills, Ontario Guide for Safe Cycling. This guide offers tips for keeping your bike and yourself safe as well as how to ride safely in traffic.
- The Young Cyclist’s Guide for children offers tips on fitting your helmet, finding a bike that fits and learning the rules of the road.
- Ontario has introduced the new one-metre passing law for motorist overtaking a cyclist. These examples show you how to pass safety.
- Share the Road with Cyclists – YouTube