What is Naloxone?
Naloxone (Narcan) is a drug that reverses an opioid overdose. Naloxone only works with opioids. Naloxone only stays in the body for a short period of time and the overdose can return. It is very important to call 911.
How Does the Revive Program Work?
The Revive program consists of both overdose prevention training and Naloxone Kit distribution. Everyone who receives a kit completes 15 minutes of overdose training.
A kit can be given to people who:
- currently use opioids
- have a history of opioids use, or
- are family and friends of people who are using opioids
- Revive in 5 Steps
If you would like to order copies of this resource, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Naloxone Training Guide
- Signs and Symptoms of Overdose – Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program
- Prevent Overdose – Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program
- Drug Categories – Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program
- Naloxone Poster
- Overdose Prevention Poster
- Revive Referral Card
- Revive Pamphlet
If you would like more information about our Harm Reduction program, you can email us at: email@example.com or call the Health ACTION Line at 1-800-660-5853 and ask for Harm Reduction.
Visit the Ontario Naloxone Program website for more information on where to get a kit.