Outbreak Management Guidelines
Outbreak Management – A Quick Reference Guide: This includes all the specific tools needed in managing an enteric and respiratory outbreak such as control measures, specimen collection, posters, sample line lists, etc.
Line Listings Forms
Outbreak Public Health Lab Requisitions
- Respiratory Requisition
- Enteric Requisition
Ordering Nasopharyngeal Swabs and Enteric Kits for Outbreak Purposes
- To order Virus-Respiratory/Influenza NP swabs and Enteric Outbreak Kits directly from Public Health Ontario Laboratory (Ottawa or Kingston), please fill out the Requisition for Specimen Containers and Supplies. The kits will be delivered directly to your facility.
- Facilities can also contact the Health Unit to obtain the enteric and respiratory specimen collection kits.
- If you have questions about the ordering process, please call the Health Unit and ask to speak with someone on the Infectious Diseases team.
Information about at-risk groups and antiviral use can be found in the Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease Canada (AMMI Canada) document entitled: The use of antiviral drugs for influenza: A foundation document for practitioners.
- Tamiflu Product Monograph
- Antiviral Treatment Algorithm
- Antiviral Medications for Influenza: Information for Health Care Providers, November 2017 – Public Health Ontario
Outbreak Status Report
The Outbreak Status Report notifies health care providers and infection control practitioners in our community of active enteric or respiratory outbreaks affecting facilities in our area (long-term care homes, retirement homes and hospitals). Check back to see the pathogen that has been identified, and when the outbreak is declared over.