Speech-Language Pathologist – Permanent, Part Time (0.5 FTE)
The Language Express Program has an employment opportunity for a Permanent Part Time Speech-Language Pathologist at the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit working out of the Kemptville Service Site. Applicants interested in working less than 0.5 FTE are welcome to apply and may be considered.
The Speech Language Pathologist will provide assessments and a range of interventions to preschool children with speech and language delays and/or disorders and promote the early identification of communication disorders in preschool children. They will also facilitate parent/caregiver participation and a parent training treatment approach to promote the development of early communication skills.
Salary Range: $40.01 to $46.85 hourly (0.5 FTE- 35 hours biweekly), plus paid vacation and twelve percent (12%) in lieu of benefits.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology;
- Current registration with the College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists of Ontario;
- Demonstrated experience with preschool population, skills in working with groups, promotion and/or presentation experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, flexibility, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Certification in “It Takes Two To Talk”, The Hanen Program for Parents;
- Experience with Augmentative/Alternative Communication systems.
Proof of the following will be required after hire:
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy C-685, including annual influenza immunization as directed by the Medical Officer of Health;
- Vulnerable sectors criminal record check;
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of insurance.
Start Date: September 4, 2018
Apply by: 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 19, 2018. Email your resume and letter of application indicating how you meet the required qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency.
Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.