Lanark County Vital Signs Community Survey
The Perth & District Community Foundation is undertaking a
project to celebrate life in Lanark County, measure community wellbeing, and identify areas for improvement. By taking
10 minutes to complete this survey you'll help us better understand our community's strengths and needs, and ensure resources are directed
to where they are needed most. Your responses may be shared on the Perth and District Community Foundation website and in
the Vital Signs report, but they will be kept anonymous.
Information About the Increase of Pertussis (Whooping Cough) in the Area
Media Release - Check Your Immunizations - Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Advisory
Pertussis Fact Sheet from PHAC
Information About the Increase of Mumps Activity in Ontario
New Ministry of Health Fact Sheet
Mumps Patient Fact Sheet
Opioid Community Response
- Drugs Containing Illicit Fentanyl found in Leeds Grenville - March 1, 2017
- Naloxone kits are now available at the Health Unit for people who are using opioids and their friends and families!
- Community Response February 22, 2017 - The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit along with Eastern Ontario Health Unit are alerting local schools and communities that in recent weeks in our region there have been several overdoses and deaths from fake prescription opioid medications.
- New Ministry of Health Overdose Website
Talking to Youth about Drugs
- Tips on talking to young people about drugs including marijuana and prescription drugs
- Tips on helping to prevent youth from taking drugs
Tetanus Vaccine Information
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis and Polio (Tdap-IPV) Vaccine Factsheet
New Online Food Safety Disclosure System: INSIGHT
- Search Food Facility Inspection Results
Zika Virus Information
- Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health report the first positive case of sexually transmitted Zika Virus
- Learn more about the Zika Virus and Public Health Agency of Canada's Travel Advisory
Proud Partner of The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
HKCC Leeds and Grenville Promotes Water Does Wonders
- Like The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville on Facebook!
Thinking of Quitting Smoking?
- Find Out All the Ways You Can Quit
Outbreak Status Report
- June 23, 2017 Outbreak Status Report
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
A Plain and Standard Message for World No Tobacco Day
May 31 is World No Tobacco Day, a time to remember that each year 13,000 Ontarians die from tobacco related disease. This year, to help prevent a new generation of smokers, the anti-tobacco industry coalition Freeze the Industry, is supporting the Federal Government's call for all tobacco products and packages to be Plain and Standardized.
Finalists Announced for the 5th Annual MyView Film Festival!
Youth ages 10-24 across Eastern Ontario were busy this spring making short videos about something important to them. Eight original local films have been nominated as finalists for the 2017 MyView Youth Film Festival.
- Keep Our Spaces Beautiful by Stewart Travers from Ottawa
- Mr. Bully by Cole VanStoken from Kemptville
- Canada 150, Canada and War by Luke Gardiner from Brockville
- Who Gets to Decide What Beauty Is? by Vanessa Birt from Mallorytown
- Perfection by Holly Sparks from Lansdowne
- Plain & Standardized Packaging by the Boys and Girls Club of Cornwall
- One Two Three by Theresa Graham from Bishop’s Mills
- Costa Rica by Elliot Stickle from Nepean