Flooding within Leeds, Grenville and Lanark
- Find tips for dealing with a flood including cleaning up after a flood and information about your septic system.
Online Food Safety Disclosure System: INSIGHT
- Search Food Facility Inspection Results
- Media Release: Food Establishment Inspection Information is Available Online
- Fill out this brief survey and tell us what you think about INSIGHT.
Lanark County Vital Signs Community Survey
The Perth & District Community Foundation is undertaking a
project to celebrate life in Lanark County, measure community wellbeing, and identify areas for improvement. By taking
10 minutes to complete this survey you'll help us better understand our community's strengths and needs, and ensure resources are directed
to where they are needed most. Your responses may be shared on the Perth and District Community Foundation website and in
the Vital Signs report, but they will be kept anonymous.
Information About the Increase of Pertussis (Whooping Cough) in the Area
Media Release - Check Your Immunizations - Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Advisory
Pertussis Fact Sheet from PHAC
Information About the Increase of Mumps Activity in Ontario
New Ministry of Health Fact Sheet
Mumps Patient Fact Sheet
Opioid Community Response
- Drugs Containing Illicit Fentanyl found in Leeds Grenville - March 1, 2017
- Naloxone kits are now available at the Health Unit for people who are using opioids and their friends and families!
- Community Response February 22, 2017 - The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit along with Eastern Ontario Health Unit are alerting local schools and communities that in recent weeks in our region there have been several overdoses and deaths from fake prescription opioid medications.
- New Ministry of Health Overdose Website
Talking to Youth about Drugs
- Tips on talking to young people about drugs including marijuana and prescription drugs
- Tips on helping to prevent youth from taking drugs
Tetanus Vaccine Information
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis and Polio (Tdap-IPV) Vaccine Factsheet
Zika Virus Information
- Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health report the first positive case of sexually transmitted Zika Virus
- Learn more about the Zika Virus and Public Health Agency of Canada's Travel Advisory
Proud Partner of The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
HKCC Leeds and Grenville Promotes Water Does Wonders
- Like The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville on Facebook!
Thinking of Quitting Smoking?
- Find Out All the Ways You Can Quit
Outbreak Status Report
- July 25, 2017 Outbreak Status Report
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
World Hepatitis Day is July 28th – Do You Know Your Status?
July 28th is World Hepatitis Day, a day dedicated to raising awareness about viral hepatitis. This year, Canada’s World Hepatitis Day slogan is: “Know your status? Get tested – Learn your options”.
Viral hepatitis affects more than half a million Canadians and more than 500 million people worldwide. Many Canadians are unaware that they have hepatitis and unknowingly spread the virus to other people. Hepatitis B and C can be spread by exposure to contaminated blood or bodily fluids containing blood through the sharing of: needles, pipes, unsterile body piercing and tattoo equipment, and personal hygiene items, such as razors.
Food Establishment Inspection Information is Available Online
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit inspects local food premises under the Food Premises Regulation. Food premises such as restaurants, grocery stores, food trucks and hot dog carts are inspected for your protection. Inspection summaries and reports were always available by request but now you can go online through INSIGHT to access health inspection information on local food establishments in the tri-county area.